Swaddling is an age-old practice of snugly wrapping babies in blankets to help them feel safe and secure.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) says that swaddling can be an effective technique to help calm infants and promote sleep. Some experts think swaddling helps to recreate that feeling of security that babies have in the womb, where there is less room to move about. Feeling “held” and contained can help to calm and soothe.
Being wrapped up snugly can stop a baby from being disturbed and woken by its own startle reflex (hypnagogic startles). This is especially true with infants born with Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome, caused by exposure to opioids in the womb before birth.
NAS can affect children’s proprioceptive senses. NAS babies have a tough time understanding where their bodies are in space, and so when they are born, unlike all babies who startle and flail their arms, it can be really hard for them to readjust and calm their senses back down. NAS babies can flail for a long time, and swaddling can help with this.– Harmony Family Center Education Consultant
- My Comforter swaddle sacks consist of a “wearable” blanket with a separate kimono style swaddle, providing security and comfort to your baby.
- Quality 100% pre-shrunk cotton and flannel fabrics.
- Hip-healthy sack design allows room for leg movement.
- Full front opening allows for diaper changes without removing swaddle.
- Swaddle sacks are never mass produced; each is designed in a unique combination of colors and prints.
- Kimono-style swaddle wrap uses an adjustable “quiet tie” to secure, instead of loud Velcro fasteners.
- Replaces loose blankets in the crib.
- Can be machine washed and dried.
- My Comforter swaddle sacks are ready-made and ready-to-ship within 1 business day of your order.