As a part of deep pressure touch stimulation (DPTS) therapy, weighted blankets are often recommended by occupational therapists to help children and adults with sensory processing disorders, ADHD, anxiety, stress, trauma, or autism.
My Comforter weighted blankets provide gentle pressure that hugs the body to produce a calming and relaxing effect for a better night’s sleep. The weight of the comforter molds to the body to aid in relaxing the nervous system and encouraging production of serotonin, to help in calming, grounding, and maintaining focus during daily activities.
- Each comforter is handcrafted using fun, colorful, and contemporary fabric prints that lessen the stigma associated with institutional aids for mental and emotional health.
- Comforters are constructed with a durable muslin lining to hold the bead weight and a generous border to provide easier handling.
- Quality 100% cotton fabrics are used for cool, breathable comfort.
- Quality, nontoxic polypropylene beads are added to the comforter to exact weight requirements, and are sewn into 4” blocks so that bead weight remains evenly distributed.
- Comforters can be machine washed and dried on low heat.