- CDC recommends that people wear masks in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Masks may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
- Masks are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.
- Masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Masks with exhalation valves or vents should NOT be worn to help prevent the person wearing the mask from spreading COVID-19 to others (source control).
Masks are recommended as a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from traveling into the air and onto other people when the person wearing the mask coughs, sneezes, talks, or raises their voice. This is called source control. This recommendation is based on what we know about the role respiratory droplets play in the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19, paired with emerging evidence from clinical and laboratory studies that shows masks reduce the spray of droplets when worn over the nose and mouth. COVID-19 spreads mainly among people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet), so the use of masks is particularly important in settings where people are close to each other or where social distancing is difficult to maintain.
My Comforter Face Masks are nonmedical. Each mask uses a double layer of 100% cotton fabric, and is pleated and shaped to provide ample room for the nose and mouth and a comfortable fit across the face/jaw area. The long nose wire can be molded not only across the nose but also the cheeks to keep the mask from slipping, and to prevent fogged glasses! No elastic around the ears, which tends to hurt if worn for too long. Instead, simple fabric binding that shapes over the ears and connects to the single tie at the back, allowing for flexibility in fit.
My Comforter Face Masks are handcrafted in small quantities from an ever-changing variety of fabric prints and solids. They are machine washable and dryable, come in both Adult and Child sizes, and are packaged for your health and safety.